Laptops are increasing day by day; there has been a gradual increase in the types and quantity of laptops available to the Indian community.
The goal, for a lot of people, is not limited to getting a good enough laptop but to get one that is functional and easy to carry around. This desire explains how thin and lightweight laptops have come to be a preference for a lot of people who want to get one.
Apart from having these thin and lightweight laptops, it is also crucial to consider how much they cost. A lot of thin and lightweight laptops are on a high side and that could be discouraging for those who cannot afford it.
However, it is not all bad news; this article reviews some of the best lightweight laptops in the Indian market that are below RS.50,000.
List of the Best Lightweight Laptops in India
|Best Thin & LightWeight Laptops||Weight||Buy Now|
|Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3i||1.6 Kg||Check the Price|
|Mi Notebook 14||1.5 Kg||Check the Price|
|Acer Aspire 3||1.5 Kg||Check the Price|
|Asus Vivobook Ultra K14||0.9 Kg||Check the Price|
|HP 15s Notebook||1.5 Kg||Check the Price|
|Lenovo Ideapad S340||1.55kg||Check the Price|
|Lenovo 100E||1.2 Kg||Check the Price|
This model of Lenovo is an entry-level laptop that is both slim and lightweight. It is designed with cutting-edge processors- 10th Gen Intel Core.
It comes preloaded with Windows 10. It has a 14-inch screen display with anti-glare technology. This lightweight laptop comes with 8GB RAM and a storage of 512GB.
The battery life may not be the most impressive of this model but it can for as long as 5 hours.
Key Features :
- It has Intel UHD Graphics.
- 1 xUSB 2.0, 2x USB 3.2
- Headphone/microphone combo jack
- The battery is an integrated 35Wh
- It has Bluetooth 5.0
- 3.0 MP camera
- It has a clickpad as its pointing device.
- This model has no fingerprint reader.
Pros of Getting this laptop
- The Lenovo IdeaPad slim 3i is great at maintaining your privacy. It is designed with several advanced technologies. One of such innovations is the physical shutter that comes with the webcam. With this shutter, all the user has to do is close the shutter and this prevents hackers from taking control of the webcam.
- It is very affordable when compared to the extraordinary features it has.
- This laptop is excellent for entertainment. Ir has narrow bezels on two sides that make the display up to FHD. In addition to that, it also upgrades the appearance of the laptop to a clean and modern look. It has dual speakers that use Dolby optimized sound. This means you will enjoy both the view and the sound.
- It is slim, light, and stylish. This means it is easy and comfortable to carry around and it is sleek.
- The 10th core processor contributes to its effectiveness. It is geared towards making users productive and the processor is designed to handle delays and lags in performance.
Cons of purchasing this laptop
- A lot of users have complained about how inefficient the webcam is. Although it is designed with privacy in mind, it does not have the greatest webcam. Therefore, if you are considering buying this laptop, you might also need to but a webcam if it is necessary for your performance.
- The keyboard has also received a lot of negative reactions. It does not work properly
- The laptop is not the most preferred for gaming and this is due to some factors like the display and resolution
- Although MS Office is installed, it still needs to be purchased before it can be used.
- Some users have complained about the slow response time of this device.
The Mi notebook 14 is designed to cater to various people ranging from students to professionals to creatives to entrepreneurs etc. This device is designed with efficiency and effectiveness in mind.
This laptop is compact, thin, and sleek; weighing about 1.5 kg. It is designed with FHD anti-glare display and this affords you captivating viewing experience.
It is built with a 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and this contributes to your productivity by aiding multitasking on the laptop.
Key Features of this Laptop are:
- It has a 14-inches display size
- It has an average of 10 hours of battery life
- It supports Wi-fi 5.
- It has a 46wh battery and a 65w charger
- Scissor-switch keyboard that makes typing more comfortable.
- Support fast-charging up to 50%
Pros of using this device
- It performs excellently and with the Gen Intel Core i5 processor, it runs at a high speed and it is efficient. Users do not have to be anxious about the device slowing down or freezing up when they open multiple tabs.
- It charges fast and some users have commented that it charges fully in less than 2 hours. In the same vein, the battery life is also impressive.
- The storage is SSD. Therefore, you enjoy faster speed than using HDD.
- The display is great while it is also perfect for relaxation like watching a movie on the laptop or doing other fun things.
- The boot is impressive. It boots up in seconds.
- The build quality is excellent with metal chassis and a lightweight.
Cons of using this device
- It has no webcam and this is a deal-breaker for a lot of people who need their webcam for meetings.
- The RAM cannot be upgraded. This is one of the most prevalent issues that a lot of users have with using this laptop
- It has no backlit keyboard and this can pose a problem when you have to use the laptop in the dark
- It is not the perfect laptop for gamers
The Acer Aspire 3 is thin and lightweight. It has 4GB RAM and 1TB of a hard drive. It comes with a 64-bit operating system and Intel Core i3-1005G1 processor. It has a 15.6-inch display and FHD (1920 x 1080). It weighs 1.9 kg and the battery lasts up to 9.5 hours.
Key Features are:
- 12 GB maximum memory supported
- 1 TB hard drive size
- It supports Wi-Fi, Infrared, and Bluetooth-V4 connectivity
- It has 2 x 2.0 USB ports, 1 x 3.0 USB port, 1 X HDMI ports, 1 x audio-out port, 1 x ethernet port
- It has an average battery standby life of 9.5 hours
- It has 36.7 WH of lithium battery energy content
- It has 2 lithium-Ion cells
Pros of purchasing this laptop
- It is cheaper than a lot of other thin and lightweight laptops and despite its price, it is functional
- It has a full HD antiglare display.
- It can be used for several purposes and can be used as either a work laptop or home laptop
- Not the greatest for playing games but it can play some AA titles
- It has a long battery life
Cons of purchasing this laptop
- Users have complained about some of the products freezing up while in use.
- The 4GB RAM is insufficient for a lot of people who need the laptop to be faster. Therefore, a lot of them had to upgrade their RAM to be able to even be
- The low RAM and the processor have negatively influenced the response time, which is less than satisfactory.
- The webcam is not the best quality and it is not clear. This is an issue for those who need the device for online classes or virtual meetings.
Asus Vivobook Ultra K14
The Asus Vivobook is one of the most efficient lightweight laptops that is lower than RS.50000.
The producers aim to aid productivity and easy motion. It has a very powerful processor- Intel Celeron N4000. It has an 11.6-inch display. With the size and design of the laptop, it is portable and sleek to use.
Key features are:
- 14 inch Full HD display with anti-glare, 84% screen to body ratio
- 10th Gen Intel Core i3 Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 512 GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home with lifetime validity
- Metal body
- 1.4 Kg
- Upto 6 hrs battery
- Backlit chicklet keyboard
Advantages of Purchasing
- This device comes with Windows 10 S and although this has some limitations, it can be upgraded to Windows 10 Home for free
- The CPU integrated Graphics Processing Unit makes watching a video with high resolution possible
- It has an excellent sound quality; not too loud and not too low
- It is not only light but also flexible
- It can run most applications especially those that are not performance heavy.
- It is perfect for everyday use but nothing too intense like video games
Cons of purchasing this item
- The battery is not very long-lasting
- Users have complained about how slow it can get when it is used for high-intensity applications
This HP notebook is built with versatility in mind. It is built with an Intel Core i3 processor and it has an Intel Turbo boost technology.
It is supported by the latest technology and in this case the Windows 10 pro 64. It has 8GB DDR4 SDRAM and 256GB SSD+ 1TB HDD. It has Full HD anti-glare LED Screen.
Key features of this product are:
- Intel Core i3 with Turbo Boost
- 4GB RAM
- 256 SSD + 1TB HDD
- 15.6 Full HD Display with anti-glare tech
- Windows 10 Home
- 1 TB hard drive
- 8 Hours Battery life
Pros of purchasing this device
- It supports fast charging. Within 90 minutes of plugging this device in to charge, it would recharge the battery till up to 90% and only go back to normal charging when the charging has reached 90%.
- It is budget-friendly and it is worth more than the price it goes for
- It is designed with the latest technology and has an Intel Boost technology
- In some countries, they offer free upgrades for the device
Cons of purchasing this device
- The hard drive size is too low to be able to store significant apps
- The storage is a SATA drive, not NVME. This means its speed is not much better than a traditional mechanical drive.
Best Seller Best Values
This thin and lightweight laptop has a lot in common with the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim.
It is an outstanding device with the efficient Intel Core processing. This device is portable and light. This makes for easy mobility. It has narrow bezels which optimize the display and help the user get the most out of the display.
The IdeaPad S340 is powered with the 10th Gen Intel Core Processor to allow for speedy responsiveness and high productivity for the user.
Key Features are;
- It has a 14-inch display screen with full HD display and anti-glare technology.
- It has 8 GB of Ram and storage of 256GB SSD capacity.
- It weighs 1.55 kg
- The battery can last up to 8 hours.
- It has 2 x 3.0 USB, 1 x type C, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 4-in-1 card reader, a combination of audio and microphone jack
- It has no DVD drive.
- It has no LAN port.
Pros of purchasing this device
- It has a solid build and design.
- The keyboards are comfortable to use
- It is fast and has a high response speed. Also, the boot time is less than 1 minute.
- The appearance is sleek and it is truly lightweight.
- The battery lasts for up to 6 hours and more if the brightness is reduced a little.
- One of the best reviews low budget lightweight laptops
- It supports fast charging and it charges within 90 minutes.
Cons of purchasing this product
- Although it has a webcam shutter like the Lenovo Slim, the webcam itself is not impressive.
- Brightness could be better developed.
- The camera is not the greatest quality. A lot of users complained that the camera stopped working after a few weeks.
This laptop is a whole package of awesomeness. It is portable, light, slim, and yet rugged and productive. This device is designed and geared towards teaching and it is perfect for use in the classroom.
It has the added benefit of a drop-resistant design and it has a water-resistant keyboard. This makes it perfect for use in the classroom because it can withstand almost everything students dish out to it.
It has a 720p HD camera and an 11.6-inch HD screen with anti-glare technology. It has up to 10 hours of battery life.
Key features of this device are;
- It has 4GB of RAM and 16GB hard drive size
- It weighs 1.21kg
- It uses processor 2nd Gen, MediaTek MT8125
- It has G Suite
Pros of purchasing this device
- It offers a lot of value for the price it goes for
- It is perfect for school use and it caters to both the needs of the student and the teacher
- The battery is durable and stays charged for a long time
- Despite it being lightweight and thin, it is sturdy and rugged
- It has extra protection to make it last longer like the water-resistant keyboard and the drop-resistant design.
Cons of using this device
- It is geared towards learning. Therefore, there is a limit what can be used effectively on it
- Some users have complained about the screen and how it is not durable
- It is not a touch screen
Features to look for while Purchasing a Lightweight Laptop in India
What to Look for ?
Having reviewed seven of the best thin and lightweight laptops in India, it is also important to discuss the important factors and features to look out for when buying a lightweight laptop.
Therefore, highlighted below are some of the features and factors to consider before purchasing a lightweight laptop.
The Purpose of the laptop:
The important question to ask yourself, in this case, is what exactly do you need a lightweight laptop for? Why not just go for an ordinary regular-sized laptop?
This factor will guide you in making the right choice when it comes to the weight and size of the laptop. For instance, for people who travel a lot, it is not enough to get a lightweight laptop but they should also consider getting one that can be rotated to 180 degrees and that can be used as a touchscreen as well.
In this situation, the battery life of the laptop is also a crucial feature to look out for.
Your Budget for the Laptop:
After deciding the primary purpose the laptop would serve, it is also important to consider your budget for the lightweight laptop you want. The purpose would help you streamline your search while your budget will even streamline it further.
When considering your budget, you would go for what is needed and not just what is wanted. In other words, you would audit the features in all the available options and go for the features that are primarily necessary for purchasing the laptop.
This also ties in with purpose. The processor that a gamer would need differs from the processor a casual laptop user would need.
A gen i3 processor is okay for the casual user while the Core i7 or i9 processors are one of the highest processors available. Their value is also reflected in their price. Therefore, a gamer would not try to have the same budget as the casual laptop user
This is because while a casual user can go for a gen i3 processor or Intel Core i5, a serious gamer could need to go for a Core i7 or core i9 processor.
The Memory and Storage:
The Ram determines how many apps can be opened at the same time before the laptop freezes up. For a casual laptop user, the minimum anyone should get is 8GB. For a gamer, 16GB should be the starting point of the RAM size.
- One of the most significant advantages of using a lightweight laptop is the ease of mobility. You want to be able to carry your laptop around without feeling burdened or stressed out. A lot of people suffer from chest and back pains originating from carrying heavy and big laptops. To prevent this, a lightweight laptop is a better alternative.
- Lightweight laptops give room for flexibility. With your lightweight laptop, you can work anywhere; in the office, at home, on the airplane, on the bus ride, etc. Lightweight laptops give you that flexibility to work anywhere without being concerned about where to place the laptop or about any inconvenience. Lightweight laptops afford that flexibility.
In this article, we reviewed some of the Best lightweight laptops under RS. 50,000 in India in 2020 available in the Indian market.
Some of the products had a lot of advantages but as a balanced world, there has to be at least one disadvantage.
Here, lets see some scenario,
If you would like to go for Best lightweight laptop + longer battery life of upto 10 hours and okay if it has no in-built camera, but comes with Free external HD camera then, the best option would be Mi Note Book 4 laptop.
If you’re okay with thickness, weight, then there’s Acer Nitro 5 , one of popular gaming laptop which comes with 4GB Graphics Card, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 OS.
So kindly please look at various features, Pro’s and Con’s of each laptop, and if it suits your need or not.
With this article, we presented a unbiased review of all these products paying attention to their strengths and their weakness.
This article also provided insight on how to make the right choice of a thin & lightweight laptop; the features to watch out for and the advantages of having a lightweight laptop than a bulky one.
Hope you find it useful, Do let us know your thoughts in comments. Also if you have any particular doubts in choosing a best laptop for your need ? We’re Happy shopping.