Hand-picking the best laptops for content creators is tiring. So, here you will find the best and affordable video editing laptops for content creation in 2020 with stock.
The laptops listed here will be a glorious option for YouTubers, Video Editors, Online Streamers, Bloggers, Freelancers, etc.
Everything is deeply scrutinized so you can finalize your purchasing decision here. We divided the top laptops, which are disparate for content creators with peculiar specifications.
Top 10 Best Laptops for Content Creators in 2020
|Laptop||How to Buy|
|HP Envy 13||Buy on Amazon|
|Apple MacBook Pro 13"||Buy on Amazon|
|Asus Zen Book Pro 15||Buy on Amazon|
|Lenovo ThinkPad E14||Buy on Amazon|
|Dell G3 3579||Buy on Amazon|
|Microsoft Surface Laptop 3||Buy on Amazon|
|MSI MODERN 14||Buy on Amazon|
|Razor Stealth Blade 13||Buy on Amazon|
|Acer Nitro 7||Buy on Amazon|
HP Envy 13
- HP Envy comes with x360° hinge and 4-way FHD micro edge touchscreen and Coring gorilla glass NBT display. 13.3 inches with 21.5 x 30.7 x 1.5cm dimensions makes the resolution.
- Combination of 3 rd Gen Ryzen 5 AMD processor 4500U with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM makes the laptop hefty and a deadly combo.
- The battery lasts for 16.75 hours and lithium battery energy content is around 51 watts hours.
- 2.3GHz of processing speed makes many works smooth.
- Coming to the ROM, 256 GB SSD (can be upgradable to 1 TB).
- It weighs 1.4kgs which is easy to carry.
- Integrated Graphics will gives the realistic and clear-cut visuals.
- Best battery life
- 3rd Gen Ryzen 5 Processor
- Best Performance with Integrated Graphics
- Affordable Price
- Little Processing Sound comes out
- No HDMI & Thunderbolt 3
Dell XPS 9570
- Dell XPS 9570 comes with 15.6 inch FHD infinity display with anti-glare IPS 100% RGB 400-Nits display.
- Intel 8th Gen i7 Core processor 8750H with 9 M cache memory and up to 4.1GHz processing speed.
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM 2666Hz with additional 4 GB graphics RAM and 256GB M.2 2280 of ROM.
- It has 4-cell battery with 18 hours of long lasting.
- Windows 10 pro appears to be special here with a single language Microsoft trail.
- Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 makes the internet speed more effective and abandons the lags and buffers.
- Full HD Infinity Display
- 4GB Graphics RAM
- Windows 10 PRO OS
- Cools under Intense tasks
- Stylish Look
- Weighs 2 Kg
- Thermal Throttling may occur
- Glossy Screen
Macbook Pro 16″
- It comes with a 13.3 inch (4:3,16:10 ratios) display and Mac OS 10.12 Sierra.
- It has 8 GB RAM with 1.8 GHz dual core i5 processor(5th Gen) for standard processing. But, as a brand of Apple, it performs its best.
- 12 hours of battery backup makes you to manage easy with timings.
- 128 GB of SSD with Intel HD Graphics 6000 gives the surplus performance.
- Premium Brand
- Thunderbolt 2 ( upto 20Gbps )
- Amazon’s Choice ( excellent reviews & ratings )
- Durable Design
- Rich Visuals ( Anti-Glare )
- Not upgradable RAM
- Low SSD Memory
- Not for Intensive tasks
- Bit Expensive
Asus Zenbook 15
- Zen book pro 15 comes with 15.6 inch touchscreen and Ultra HD LED Backlit wide view glare.
- 16 GB of destructive RAM with 6 GB Graphics RAM makes the laptop powerful beast.
- 1 TB SSD with original Windows 10 OS.
- 1.5nm key travel in attached keywords.
- Asus Sonic master will give the best quality sounds out.
- Marvelous Performance
- Great Sound Quality
- 1.5nm Key / attractive keyboards
- LED-backlit UHD 4K Display
- 16 GB RAM, 6GB Graphics
- Avg Battery Life
Lenovo ThinkPad E14
- Lenovo ThinkPad e14 comes with 14 inch Anti-glare IPS Full HD display.
- Coming to the storage, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB HDD and 128 SSD makes a decent amount.
- It weighs 1.77kgs and specially designed for students with Windows 10 Home.
- The 10th Gen intel core i5-10210U processor perform its best.
- Battery backs up to 12.8 hours and gets charged 80% rapidly in 1 hour.
- It has Dolby audio along with stereo speakers by Harman.
- The spell resistant keyboard and 180° degree hinge falls more impressions on the laptop.
- Good Quality Keyboard
- USB-C Charging
- Better Battery Backup
- Responsive Fingerprint Sensor
- Great Display with color coverage
- No Thunderbolt port
- No SD Card reader
- No sRGB Coverage
Dell G3 3579
After Dell G5 15 ran out of stock, this is the best option after that. Special architecture for intense tasks and powerful gaming makes this laptop unique.
- Dell G3 3579 comes with 15.6 FHD Gaming display with 1920×1080 resolution.
- As usual, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 1 TB SSD with additional 128 SSD comforts the storage issues.
- The 8th Gen i7-8750H intel core processor with 4 GB Graphics RAM which makes the display and visuals more realistic.
- Laptop’s design and architecture is best for gaming and other intense tasks.
- Better cooling system
- Good battery life
- Affordable Price
- A Pair of SODIMM Slots & Storage bays.
- Less area touchpad
- Inferior Quality plastic
- Low SD Card reading speed
Microsoft Surface 3
- It comes with 13.5 Inch touchscreen 2256 × 1504 with 204 pixels per inch. The aspect ratio is 3:2 for this one.
- The i7 intel core processor with 10th Gen is an impression.
- The laptop has the dimensions of 308mm × 423mm × 15.4mm.
- 1.31 kilograms of lightweight is also leaving an impression for this laptop.
- It comes with 8GB–16GB LPDDRX4 RAM, which permits finer performance for video editors. But unfortunately, it is non upgradable. However, this enables us to do most of the work.
- As a requirement, 1 TB of ROM is ample for content creators. They can also use external SDs as surplus.
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) lets you surf the internet with no restrictions.
- 13.5 touch screen
- Expeditious processors with better RAM
- Fast Charging
- USB Type-C portable
- 720p HD Camera ( helpful for gamers )
- Light weight, easy to carry
- Average Battery life
- No Thunderbolt 3
MSI Modern 13
- MSI modern 14 arrives with 14 inch FHD (1920×1080). IPS thin bezel display.
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM with 2666MHz with GeForce MX250 2GB Graphics RAM.
- 512 GB of M.2 SSD seems an average storage.
- It comes with MSI free permanent and trails of Burn Recovery, Battery calibration and Help desk Norton Internet, etc.
- Dimensions are 32.2 x 22.2 x 1.6 cm and it weighs 1.19kgs
- Almost 100% sRGB Coverage
- Better Battery Life
- Affordable Price
- Lightweight ( 1.19 Kgs )
- Good GPU
- Lacks Thunderbolt 3
- No Fingerprint Sensor
Razer Stealth Blade 13
- It comes with 13.3 inch FHD 1080p display with 60Hz.
- The graphics are NVidia GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q for maximum realistic visuals and gaming.
- 16 GB of RAM with surplus 4 GB GDDR5 Graphics RAM maximizes the performance.
- 512 GB of Hard disk drive seems average here.
- Intel i7 four core processor with max turbo places an important role in enhancing performance.
- It has aluminum CNC, Chrome RGB, and Thunderbolt 3.
- Great CPU
- Better 4 Core Performance
- Thunderbolt 3 Port
- Premium Design
- 120 Hz Display
- Wifi 6 supported
- Really Expensive
- Gets Warm at Intense Tasks
Acer Nitro 7
- It comes with Intel Core i5 9th Gen Processor with Full HD IPS Display
- A rare Thin & Lightweight laptop among Gaming / video editing laptops.
- Storage comes with 1 TB SSD, yes you heard right, 1TB of SSD for faster performance.
- RAM is of 8GB
- Graphics Card comes with 6GB GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, best for when it comes to video editing tasks or even gaming.
- Windows 10 OS 64 Preinstalled
- Better visual experience
- Highly Responsive
- Expandable RAM
- 1TB SSD
- No Type-C charging
- Average battery life
What to Look Before Buying a Laptop for Content Creation?
Whether you’re a youtuber running a information channel, or a Vlogger editing multiple clips of videos, or a freelancer who does video editing as a gig or working in a studio, we’ve covered you all. For those who might be frequent traveller or dislike bulky one, you may check our previous post on best thin and lightweight laptops in India.
So, these are the top laptops available for content creators. Before buying a laptop, checking performance factors like RAM and graphics which is most important as well.
Mostly, gaming laptops will meet the requirement of content creators and YouTubers.
It’s better to have a laptop with 8GB+ RAM, 4+ cores with i5 or above. So, i9 will the best choice but hurts your pocket.
Storage should be more as we do intense video editing which stores more cache memory and hard disk. Make sure that your chosen laptop doesn’t have any heating issues and has a cooling system.
Choose the best and well-performing laptop. Because of lockdown, most of the laptops were run out of stock. I listed the best available (In stock) laptops now.
For Budget Friendly Video Editing Laptops:
For Premium Video Editing Laptops:
For Best Value for Money Video Editing Laptops:
1. What Laptops are good for video editing?
Dell XPS 1970 and Razor Stealth Blade 13 will be the best option with ultimate performance.
2. What is the best laptop for developers?
Dell XPS 15 and Apple MacBook are best for developers.
3. How much ram is needed for video editing?
For HD editing, 16 GB of RAM is the minimum.
4. Is 8GB RAM enough for Premiere Pro?
Yes, it’s enough.
5. What is a good cheap laptop for video editing ?
Lenovo ThinkPad E14
6. What laptops do YouTubers use ?
They surely use the best and expensive laptops like Apple MacBook Pro 15, Dell XPS 9570, etc.
7. Is i5 good for video editing ?
If you are a beginner, i5 will be better. But, however absence of hyper-threading, performance may get slow here.
8. Best laptop for final cut pro?
Dell XPS and Asus Zen Book would be better for final cut pro.
9. Budget laptop for video editing in India 2020 ?
Razor Blade series, Dell XPS are the best at budget and performance.
10. Which is Best Macbook Air or Macbook Pro ?
Sure, Macbook Pro has higher performance to offer when it comes to content creation.
11. Core i5 or Core i7 which is best for editing ?
If budget is a concern, go for Core i5 9th or 10th Gen, they offer great performance.